Study Higher Webinar on Accessibility in Higher Education
July 8 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This webinar is run by Study Higher which aims to deliver impartial advice to young people in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Swindon about their future options in higher education. They also work with under-represented groups in higher education, such as disabled students.
Study Higher webinar called Accessibility in Higher Education which is aimed at students who would like to find out more about disability support at university or college. The webinar will take place on 8th July 5pm-6pm and students will be sent in the post an accompanying handout including an ‘applying to higher education as a disabled student’ checklist and a ‘questions to ask at open days’ checklist.
The session will cover:
- Advice on where to go for disability support (from a Disability Support Officer at Oxford Brookes)
- Advice on questions to ask when researching higher education
- Advice on the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)
- Insight from a recent university graduate on accessing disability support
- Hear from a disabled graduate about the transition from school to career
Note that you will need to register before the event, the link is to a registration site, not the the event.